Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. The weather cools down, but it’s not too cold. The leaves change, the days get a little shorter, and it’s the perfect hygge time (a quality of coziness and comfortable friendliness that causes a feeling of happiness or well-being – described of as a defining characteristic of Danish culture).
I’m working on slowing down and appreciating the little things, being cozy, and minimizing my stress.
- Cider and doughnuts. Of course the cider and doughnuts from the cider mill are the best. But store brought is good too, especially as a treat at work
- Stephen King. He’s been my favorite author for as long as I can remember. Currently I’m reading Four Past Midnight, though I believe I’ve read it before. As I was trying to declutter my living room I also found a collection of movies based on his books, so I’m really excited to start watching those. Just in time for Halloween.
- Soup. It’s cozy, it’s warm, it’s happy. I’m on the hunt for the perfect soup recipe. The first soup I made this season is potato and broccoli. What’s your favorite soup recipe?
- Big sweaters. The cozier the better, man.
- Flannel shirts. My favorite thing to wear is a men’s XL long sleeved flannel, it’s so comfortable. I recently went out and bought two new flannels, in my size. Here’s me in one over the weekend!
What are your fall favorites? Apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice?